What Does It Mean To Be In Christ?
What does it mean to be "in Christ"?
1) We become sealed in Him the moment we believe the Gospel. (Eph. 1:13,14)
2) That is the moment we receive the Holy Spirit of Promise (Eph. 1:14) being baptized into one body. (1 Cor. 12:13).
3) It is at that moment we are buried with Him in the tomb to also raised with Him in His resurrection. (Rom. 6:3-7).
4) Then, we are seated in Christ in the heavenly places (Eph. 2:4-7(6).
5) From that moment on our lives are hidden with Christ in God (Col. 3:3,4).
6) There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus (Rom. 8:1)
7) One aspect of the mystery is that we are in Christ and Christ is in us (Col. 1:27). See Rom. 8:9-11; Gal. 2:20.
8) And it was for this He called you through our gospel, that you may gain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. (2 Thess. 2:14).
9) For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the first-born among many brethren. (Rom. 8:29).
10) Now you are Christ's body, and individually members of it (1 Cor. 12:12-31(27). See Rom. 12:4,5; Eph. 5:30-32; Col. 1:18.